Thu, October 1, 2015
Renovation of modern luxury hotel includes expanded lobby lounge, new meeting and event space and a re-designed spa
Installation of multi-million dollar art collection by Alex Katz complements the overall renovation
Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenuerecently unveiled the first stage of an expansive refurbishment. Designed by Meyer Davis, a globally-recognized boutique design firm, the renovation transformed the lobby and the event and meeting space on the hotel’s third floor, called The Gallery at Langham Place. In the months to come, updates will be made to guest rooms and corridors; and the spa, to be re-christened Chuan Body & Soul, New York. The entire renovation was capped off by the addition of a USD $2 million art collection by New York contemporary master Alex Katz.
“Since purchasing it in 2013, we have always known we needed to put the Langham stamp on this hotel,” said Bob Warman, chief executive officer of Langham Hospitality Group. “New York is a marquee city and now that we have established our brand presence here, we want to create an even more unique experience for our guests, incorporating the well-known touchstones of the Langham Hotels & Resorts brand.”
“We are very lucky to be part of Langham Hospitality Group,” said Richard Bussiere, managing director of Langham Place, New York. “Our owners are incredibly supportive of our efforts to be the best example of ultra-modern luxury in New York City. This renovation will showcase exactly what that means.”
The high points of the renovation are:
- The addition of a lounge to the existing lobby. This area, located beneath the famous “Falling White” sculpture under the sweeping staircase that leads to Ai Fiori, now includes an expanded seating area and two-way fireplace.
- Expanded meeting and event space. The newly re-designed event space on the hotel’s third floor incorporates more flexible floor plans and expansive windows, allowing for a wider variety of meeting and event options, and expanding the previous footprint from 3,800 square feet to 7,600 square feet.
- The Alex Katz art collection. The installation of a new multi-million dollar art collection, including 11 original works by contemporary art world luminary Alex Katz in the lobby and the third floor event space, also includes nearly 250 reprints of additional original works to be added to the guest rooms, suites and hallway corridors.
- The new Chuan Body & Soul, New York. The reinterpretation of The Spa at Langham Place into Chuan Body & Soul, the proprietary spa concept created by Langham Hospitality Group and the only spa brand in the world based on the tenets of Traditional Chinese Medicine, will be reflected not only in a menu of new branded treatments but in the décor through the inclusion of a Moon Gate, among other signature features.
- The guest rooms and corridors. In addition to the installation of the Alex Katz art collection to the guest rooms, suites and hallway corridors, the accommodations at Langham Place will receive an update, with new chairs and lighting added, along with new carpets and drapes.
Langham Place, New York is centrally located at 400 Fifth Avenue, at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 36th Street. Its 214 guest rooms and suites are some of the largest in the city. Having recently completed the first phase of a renovation by acclaimed interior designers Meyer Davis, Langham Place boasts a residentially-inspired aesthetic, topped off by a multi-million dollar permanent art collection featuring the works of Alex Katz. Foodies will enjoy Ai Fiori, a Michelin-starred restaurant from Michael White’s Altamarea Group, located on the hotel’s second floor. Langham Place also has the capabilities to host meetings, events and social gatherings of all sizes in The Gallery at Langham Place, a full floor of function space on the hotel’s third floor. http://newyork.langhamplacehotels.com
Director of Public Relations
Langham Place, New York
+1 917 836 1794