Outside Catering Package and Guidelines
The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, an iconic destination for California Weddings is able to accommodate outside catering requests through a hotel-approved outside caterer. Event dates and times are subject to availability.*
- Outside Catering Fee is priced per person and includes the following:
- A Six Hour Premium Brands Bar Package is required for the number of guests guaranteed for dinner.
- Standard Banquet Tables including 60" and 72" rounds; 6'x30" and 8'x30" rectangular; Sweetheart Table and Cake Table
- White Floor Length Table Linens
- White Napkins
- Parquet Dance Floor
- 7 Hour Service Staff, Bartenders, and Designated Banquet Captain
- All Barware including Glassware
- The Outside Catering Fee is subject to a 22% staff charge and Sales Tax.
- A minimum of 350 guests must be guaranteed if you wish to utilize an outside caterer and may be held only in The Huntington Ballroom
- If the 350 minimum numbers of guests is not met, the differential will be charged at a fee per person plus current sales tax. The Outside Catering Fee does not include the food from your outside caterer (which you will contract directly with the outside caterer).
- Event Facility Fees for each venue will apply. For Kosher events, client must provide their own china and, silverware; your outside caterer will assist you with the rental fees.
- As a minimum, two printed menu cards per table are required indicating that the menu was prepared by (name of caterer). You may provide the menu cards or order them through the Hotel. Please consult your Catering Sales Manager or The Langham Meetings and Special Events Manager for pricing.
- The Hotel Banquet Staff will provide front of the house service to the Outside Caterer for the reception hors d’oeuvres and dinner. The hotel will provide staffing at One (1) server per 15 guests for dinner.
- Client will inform the hotel thirty (30) days before the event occurs if they would like to hire extra servers for cocktail serving or dinner serving. Additional servers at set fee per server.
- Client is responsible for the following:
- To complete, sign and return Hotel Food Waiver and Indemnification Agreement
- Responsible to ensure outside catering and all Clients contracted vendors provide Hotel with Proof of Insurance as required in Hotel Vendor Code of Conduct document listing Hotel as The Certificate Holder.
- Responsible to ensure Client contracted vendor read, sign and return a copy of the Hotel Vendor Code of Conduct form.
- Responsible to provide Outside Caterer details to Hotel prior to signing Catering Agreement with Hotel.
- Client is responsible to ensure the Hotel Outside Catering Policies are upheld as follows:
Outside Catering Vendor is responsible for the following: -
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena will be preparing menus for other events on the day of your event, therefore, your caterer must be completely self-contained not requiring any use of the Hotel kitchen facilities including hot and cold preparation areas, refrigerators and freezers.
- Your outside caterer will be required to stage a temporary catering kitchen in the parking lot adjacent to The Huntington Ballroom. Your outside caterer will quote you the costs associated with providing a temporary catering kitchen.
- Outside Caterer will provide all necessary serving utensils, chafing dishes, sterno and displays trays required to display hot and cold food items.
- Hotel will not provide plates and flatware. Glassware is included.
- Outside caterer must have a valid $1,000,000 liability insurance policy with insured primary endorsement.
- Outside Caterers must obtain a Special Events Permit from the City of Pasadena .The City of Pasadena requires a tent & open flame permit. Failure to obtain the SEP will result in the fire inspector prohibiting any cooking.
- The outside catering vendor must arrange for the Tent. The tent must be correctly pipe and draped without any missing poles and also must have the necessary amount of fire extinguishers available.
- All trucks arranged by the Outside Catering Vendor must leave property and need to secure parking outside of the hotel, once after unloading is done. All vendor personal/business cars must go through valet. Any cars/trucks that are not approved to park property will be charged to the master account or will be towed.
- All Outside Vendors are required to clean up all debris after the event. (Cleaning fee should be applied if any items are left behind)
- All rental items should be picked up within 24 hours of the event as hotel will not be held accountable – scheduled pick up a delivery time should be discussed with Catering Sales Manager.
- All Outside caterers are required to cover the Colonnade room carpet (the catering prep room) with any type of plastic covering before any food prep.
- All Outside Caterers must bring in their own food service carts. Hotel will not provide carts for any rental items or food movement.
- All Outside Caterers must come in prepared with proper amount of food runners. If in the event, The Langham Huntington, Pasadena banquet staff assist on food running to ensure the service level are maintain, a set labor fee per hour per server will be charged. All charges will be posted to the Master Account of the Client.
- All Outside Caterers are to supply their mats and/or plastic to cover carpet when a Fruit Station and Sushi station has been set-up in the Ballroom. Any charges to repair damage caused to the carpet by the Outside Caterer such as replacement of carpet and/or deep cleaning will be posted to the Master Account of the Client.
- All Outside catering staff must consume their meals in the vendor room only. This includes DJ and/or Bands. Under no circumstances is it acceptable for any Vendors to drink and/or order alcohol from the hotel bars.
- All Outside Florist are required to have a prep area that is covered in plastic to avoid any damage to the carpet.
- Additional Event Details:
- Event Overtime will be charged at a set fee per hour, after six hours
- Hotel Staff Ratio is 1 server per 15 guests. In the event, the event requests more server staff, each additional servers/ tray passers at a set fee per server
- Coat Check attendant an additional fee, per attendant for the first four hours
- Rental of Piano + Tuning, additional fee (varies)
- Additional Power charges to be determined by Five Star (In House audio visual company)
- Additional Cleaning Fee for Petals
Click here for the full details and a list of approved caterers.
*All Outside Catering requests for Sunday must be approved by Management of The Langham Huntington, Pasadena in writing. Outside Catering requests for Friday and Saturday Off-Peak Dates will be reviewed by The Langham Huntington, Pasadena on a case by case basis. All requests for Saturday may incur a surcharge depending on availability of space.