Terms and Conditions
THE LANGHAM, HONG KONG GREAT SUMMER CELEBRATION
“The Langham, Hong Kong Great Summer Celebration” (“Prize Draw”) is organized by The Langham, Hong Kong (“Promoter”) of 8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR.
Method of entry in the competition
- The Prize Draw is open to guests of The Langham, Hong Kong. Entrants must be residents of Hong Kong and aged 18 years old and over. It is not open to residents from any other country.
- All dates and times stated are based on Hong Kong Time unless specified otherwise.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees, agencies, partners or suppliers of The Langham, Hong Kong, the Prize Sponsors, associated group companies, family members, friends or anyone else connected to the Prize Draw.
- To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must book and complete a stay at The Langham, Hong Kong on one of the qualifying room packages outlined below and meet the initial entry requiring a minimum total spend at The Langham, Hong Kong of HK$2,500 (two thousand and five hundred Hong Kong dollars). Every additional spend of HK$2,500 (two thousand and five hundred Hong Kong dollars) will qualify for an additional entry into the Prize Draw with no limited to the amount of entries per person. Service Charges are excluded from the total spend amount.
Qualifying room packages are defined as:
a) Gourmet Getaway – Food package – Promo Code “FOOD” and Rate Code “PGGSP”
b) Stay in the Pink - Wellness Package – Promo Code “PINK” and Rate Code “PSIPS”
c) Double Connection - Family Package – Promo Code “DOUBLE” and Rate Code “PFAMILY”
d) Loving Langham - Romance Package – Promo Code “LOVE” and Rate Code “PROMAN”
Names of the packages are subject to change and are identified by their unique promo codes.
- Entrants will receive one (1) Prize Draw ticket after qualifying the minimum spending outlined above. Each ticket provides one entry into the Prize Draw and physical ticket is need to redeem prizes (no photocopies or photographs allowed).
- Only entrants with the name matching the name of the reservation of the completed stay are allowed to be entered into the Prize Draw. Modules completed on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. The Promoter is not liable for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete, that cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason, or a false or incorrect email address submitted by the entrant.
- If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please email email@example.com with ‘The Langham, Hong Kong – Lucky Draw’ in the subject line.
- The Prize Draw participation starts on 15:00 on 15 July 2020 and participation closes at 00:01 on 16 September 2020. Guest staying on the night of 15 September 2020 will still be included in the Prize Draw. Stays from and on 16 September 2020 onwards will not be considered for this Prize Draw.
Winner Selection and Prize Details
- Winners (the “Prize Winners”) will be picked at random by The Langham, Hong Kong from all the valid entries and the draw will be attended by an independent observer.
- The Grand Prize includes:
i. Return Business Class tickets to London Heathrow, from Hong Kong on Singapore Airlines, and
ii. Three (3) night stay at The Langham, London, in a Superior Room including breakfast for two (2).
Any other costs and expenses which are not specifically included in the prize description (including domestic travel to and from the Hong Kong and UK airports, food and drink, incidental expenses, gratuities, etc) are excluded and will be the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. The validity period for travel is from 1 Oct 2020 to 30 Sep 2021.
The Grand Prize Winners must reserve the flights on or before 31 March 2021. Seats are subject to airline availability and must depart between Hong Kong International Airport and London Heathrow only. Prize flights are not eligible for the accrual of frequent flyer mile. Embargoed blackout dates and restrictions apply. The Prize flights include taxes, fees and charges. The Prize Winners is solely responsible for their own travel insurance, valid passports, airport transfers, any necessary visas and any other relevant travel documentation, costs or requirements associated with their trip. Singapore Airlines’s conditions of carriage apply (see www.singaporeair.com). Singapore Airlines will not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any participant entering the Prize Draw or as a result of accepting any Prize. Once a booking is confirmed, no amendments to the reservations are permitted and, pursuant to the EU Regulation 261/2004, Denied Boarding Compensation is not applicable on free of charge or reduced fare tickets. Other Terms and Conditions may apply.
The Grand Prize will also include a three (3) night stay at The Langham, London. The hotel stay will be inclusive of taxes, fees and local charges and breakfast but exclusive of food and drink. Accommodation is based on Double Occupancy.
- Other prizes include:
2nd Prize – A two (2) night stay at The Langham, Hong Kong in the 125 m2 Chairman Signature Suite including access to The Langham Club and a dinner for two (2) at Bostonian Seafood & Grill. 3rd Prize – A Signature Tasting Menu for Two (2) at Three Star Michelin T’ang Court including Wine Pairing
- The prizes cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash or for any other items and is non-transferable. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, promotions or prizes.
Handling of Personal Data
- Entrants’ personal data will be collected and processed by The Langham, Hong Kong in order to administer the Prize Draw. The Langham, Hong Kong acts as the Data Controller for the Prize Draw. The personal data of the Prize Winners will be shared with the Promoter and Prize Sponsor for the purposes of redemption and facilitation of the Prize.
- Entrants’ personal data will be retained for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes of facilitating and auditing the Prize Draw. In some circumstances, The Langham, Hong Kong may retain your personal information for longer periods of time, for example where required to do so to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- With the entrants’ consent, entrants’ personal data may be shared with and processed by third parties and suppliers, to help The Langham, Hong Kong business and deliver services. These third parties may from time to time need to have access to your personal information.
Prize Winner Confirmation and Notification
- The lucky draw will take place in a live event on 25 September 2020. The winners will be announced on Sing Tao Daily and The Standard on 30 September 2020.
- The notification email together with the details of how to claim the Prizes will be sent to the winners on 30 September 2020. If the prize winner does not contact the promoter within 14 days after the result announcement or the winner cannot present a valid proof of identity, the winner will result in disqualification of the prizes and forfeiture of the prizes.
- The Prize Winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in reasonable publicity and marketing activity. These activities (the “Publicity Materials”) include but are not limited to:
- Social Media
- Website Communications
- Video or Film Recordings
- Audio Recordings
- eMail Marketing
The Prize Winner acknowledges that the Promoter has the right to use such publicity materials in any medium and in any reasonable manner.
- Save for liability arising from fraud or from death or personal injury caused by their negligence, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter, their employees, directors, agents and representatives and Prize Sponsor exclude any and all liability (including without limitation their liability to the Prize Winners) for any and all direct or indirect loss, damage or harm of any kind arising beyond their reasonable control in connection with the Prize and/or the Promotion.
- The decisions of the Promoter in all matters in relation to the Prize Draw are exercised at their absolute discretion, shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform including Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Promoter, and not to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. To the extent permissible by law you hereby release Twitter, Facebook and Instagram from any liability arising from this Prize Draw and your participation in it. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion must be directed to The Langham, Hong Kong only, and not to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or other social media platform.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of The Promoter shall be final.
- The Prize Draw, these terms and conditions and any dispute arising in connection with them will be governed by Hong Kong law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong.
Trade Promotion Competition Licence Number: 53486.