Wed, October 17, 2018
October 2018… It’s well known that Melbourne boasts over 3000 restaurants and counting. The Langham, Melbourne’s Melba Restaurant is one of the city’s venues that has stood the test of time.
Through social media and customer feedback, the restaurant has learned that it is one restaurant that families all agree on.
Here are one dozen reasons why:
1. There are usually at least six different international cuisines available each and every day at lunch and dinner, including Japanese sushi, Indian curries and dishes from the tandoor oven, Chinese dumplings, sizzling steaks, Malaysian stir-fries made to order on Melba’s turbo-woks, five spice duck pancakes and Italian pastas.
2. That view! Pair an expansive view of the Melbourne skyline and Yarra River with an endless parade of dishes and it’s a recipe for a meal to remember.
3. Melba serves over 200 000 meals every year. Many are repeat guests who nominate Melba as their venue of choice for milestone birthdays and festive celebrations. Maybe it’s the fact that everyone knows how much their meal is in advance or that even the fussiest of eaters are catered for as well as there being plenty of choice for those with allergies.
4. Melba loves helping celebrate birthdays! Those celebrating their birthday are
presented with their very own cupcake.
5. Melba arguably boasts some of the freshest seafood in Melbourne. Over 6000 oysters are eaten every week ensuring there is always a steady stream of fresh seafood arriving.
6. Melba caters for large groups. Monday – Friday, one adult dines for free for every 8 guests. On weekends, tables of 10 or more are able to have one guest dine free for every ten people booked.
7. Let’s talk about dessert. There is always Melba’s chocolate fountain but there are also plenty of miniature desserts to try including ginger crème brulee, salted caramel éclairs and matcha green tea opera cakes.
8. Tuesday and Wednesday nights feature baked lobster Thermidor or grilled lobster with chimichurri sauce or smoked almond Romesco or a curry lime butter. The lobster sauce changes from week to week.
9. Children dine for half price. Every day.
10. Children three and under dine free. Every day.
11. Seniors discounts apply.
12. And last but not least, Melba also adds extra dishes during the week to provide another reason to return to Melba. For example, dinner on Mondays there are baked oysters. while Thursday is dedicated to Japanese sushi specials and Japanese hot dishes, Friday showcases tempura prawns and Saturday is saved for succulent steaks. Plus, on Saturday nights diners can enjoy an array of decadent filled donuts and waffles made to order featuring tempting toppings including Oreo crumb, lemon curd or berry compote.
During November 2018, pricing is from $64.00 per adult for lunch and from $104.00 per adult for dinner. During December 2018, lunch is from $104.00 per adult and dinner is from $109.00 per adult.
Melba has attracted over 23 500 fans on Facebook, over 7000 followers on Instagram and thousands of reviews on Trip Advisor. A common thread is a love of Melba’s ever-evolving menu and offering. Guests comment that they love the dishes that are consistent and always available such as a daily roast dish, the sushi or Indian naan bread stuffed any way they like, but also all of the unexpected dishes such as the changing pasta dishes made to order or the unusual macaron flavours for dessert.
Not only is Melba well regarded for lunch and dinner, it’s also popular at breakfast. Maybe it’s due to the freshly baked pastries and oodles of fresh fruit on offer or the juicer that guests use to make their own juice or perhaps it’s the fluffy, creamy scrambled eggs and omelettes made to order?
One thing is for certain, Melba continues to attract families and guests who appreciate quality, value, fresh produce and expertly crafted dishes as well as professional service and a stunning setting showcasing the best of Melbourne.
Bookings for Melba can be made by contacting 1800 641 107 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact:
Tara Bishop, Public Relations Director
Email: email@example.com or via mobile on +61422003549
The Langham, Melbourne at Southbank is located at the heart of Melbourne’s diverse performing arts scene, and is a proud partner of the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival, Melbourne Recital Centre, Melbourne Theatre Company, Opera Australia and the Melbourne International Jazz Festival.
The 25-floor hotel has 388 luxuriously appointed rooms including 126 river view rooms, 57 executive rooms, 6 balcony rooms with 19m² private balconies, 7 Terrace Rooms with 50m² private balconies, 11 suites and one Chairman’s Suite; each attended to by the hotel’s signature Service Stylists. Boasting stunning views of the Melbourne city skyline, the Yarra River, historic Flinders Street station and Federation Square, The Langham, Melbourne offers a luxurious and timeless inner-city experience.
The Langham, Melbourne has been named the top city hotel in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific by Travel & Leisure (US) magazine (2016), and has been a constant feature on Travel + Leisure (US) World’s Best lists (2010 – 2018). The Langham, Melbourne is also actively retaining EarthCheck Gold Certification in 2016 and maintaining place as a leader in the unique worldwide group of sustainable tourism operators that are certified to the internationally recognized EarthCheck Company Standard with the exclusive EarthCheckTM.
Most recently, The Langham, Melbourne was the only hotel in Melbourne to be included in a list of top five hotels in Australia and New Zealand in the annual Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Awards.
The Langham, Melbourne is also acclaimed for its award-winning Chuan Spa, interactive dining restaurant – Melba, and chic bar & lounge – ARIA. Reservations may be made by visiting http://melbourne.langhamhotels.com.au/melbourne/ or calling 1800 858 662.