Corporate Social Responsibility
CONNECT for a better, brighter tomorrow. From our hotel, to society, to the environment, we realise that all our actions have reactions. Our CONNECT programme is our commitment to sustainable development in all the neighbourhoods we operate in. Four priorities – governance, environment, community, and colleagues – form and guide the framework of how we minimise our environmental footprint and constructively contribute to communities.
With our commitment to environmental and social sustainability, The Langham, Hong Kong hotel has achieved Gold Certification from EarthCheck in 2015. This certification highly recognises our efforts towards a better tomorrow through third party audits and benchmarking amongst hotels in the global travel and tourism industry.
During your stay with us, please explore our green initiatives in every corner of The Langham, Hong Kong.
Guest Rooms & Public Area
- Guest of the Earth programme (reuse linen and towel)
- Energy efficient lighting
- Low flush toilets
- Low flow taps
- Recycled paper / metal / plastic / glass
- Recycled wet amenities – body wash / shampoo / conditioner
- Donation of reusable items
- Biodegradable / Ecolabelled cleaning products and pesticides
Dining and Banquet
- Recycled / Ecolabelled serviettes
- Recycled / Ecolabelled paper and stationery
- Recycled paper / metal / plastic / glass /cooking oil
- Food donation
- Sustainable food options
- Organic food and beverage options
- WWF alternative shark-free menu
We also believe in supporting the local community and have developed a long-term partnership with Hong Chi Association, a charity organisation for people with intellectual disabilities. Since 2004, we have hired 10 trainees from Hong Chi to assist in our daily operations. By promoting and practising “physical limitations hinder no talents”, we were awarded “Talent-Wise Recruitment Award 2011 – Eye for Talent Award” out of 81 entries.
To further understand our CSR vision, please refer to our 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement .