Corporate Social Responsibility
Inheriting Langham’s tradition since 1865, The Langham, Hong Kong is committed to continually improve its environmental and social sustainability performance.
With our persistence on green initiatives, The Langham, Hong Kong has achieved Gold Certification from EarthCheck in November 2015. This certification highly recognizes our eagerness and efforts working towards a better environment and community, through third party audit and benchmarking among hotels in the global travel and tourism industry.
During your stay with us, please explore our green initiatives in every corner of The Langham, Hong Kong.
Guest Rooms & Public Area
- Guest of the Earth programme (reuse linen and towel)
- Energy efficient lighting
- Low flush toilets
- Low flow tap
- Recycled paper for promotional materials
- Recycle paper/metal/plastic/ glass
- Recycle Wet amenities (body wash/ shampoo/ conditioner)
- Used items donation
- Biodegradable/Ecolabelled cleaning products and pesticide
Dining and Banquet
- Recycled/Ecolabelled serviettes
- Recycled/Ecolabelled paper and stationery
- Recycle paper/metal/plastic/ glass/cooking oil
- Food donation
- Sustainable food options
- Organic food and beverage options
- WWF alternative shark-free menu
Moreover, you can experience our thoughtful service in enhancing your wellness. Not only in-room fruit are provided to maintain balanced diet during your busy business trip or relaxing leisure trip. At the same time, please enjoy our gym facilities and swimming pool in the Health Club, for a refreshing moment.
We believe that support to local community do contribute to the sustainability of Langham. We have developed a long-term partnership with Hong Chi Association , a local charity organisation for people with intellectual disabilities. Since 2004, we have hired 10 trainees from Hong Chi to assist our daily operations. By promoting and practising “physical limitations hinder no talents”, we were recently awarded Talent-Wise Recruitment Award 2011 – “Eye for Talent Award” out of 81 entries.
To understand more our CSR vision, please refer to our 2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement for more details.