Environmental and Social Policy Statement
In order to fulfill our stated objectives the hotel will
- Ensure compliance with local and federal government environmental legislations, plans and policies.
- Evaluate industry and implement international best practice standards and procedures
- Measure, record and implement where possible plans to remedy both local and global environmental impacts.
- Work with colleagues, clients, guests and suppliers to create an internal Environmental Management System.
- Empower our colleagues to join and support our group wide internal Green Team.
- Develop and implement guest participation and awareness of the hotels environmental plans and policies through the implementation of Langham Hotels International ‘Guests of the Earth’ program.
Our Internal Green Team Committee endeavors to
- Audit our current operations via an internal Departmental audit to define consumption-supply-use and disposal volumes.
- Develop and define key benchmarking indicators through the hotels participation in the internationally recognized and endorsed International Tourism Partnership-Benchmarking Program.
- Apply the hotels audited profile against the requirements of 3rd party benchmark programs to determine our current environmental foot print.
- Communicate to the suppliers of goods and materials to the hotel our environmental philosophy and encourage and support them in achieving common goals and partnership objectives.
The Langham, Melbourne is proud to be a EarthCheck platinum certified hotel.
Earthcheck is the leading worldwide sustainability certification based on internationally accepted documentation. The object of the Earthcheck seal is to introduce and strengthen sustainability and social practices at all levels of management.
Click here to view our most recent certificate.